Thursday, April 21, 2016

'Take the Long Way Home'

From Tuesday afternoon's drive-time, at the Sound L.A.

I used to love Supertramp's "Breakfast in America." Actually, the album was a hit when I was getting into punk rock, so I pretty much dissed the record. But then in the summer of '79 I was on vacation at June Lake, and I was hiking around and I didn't have a Walkman or anything, and these construction guys were putting the frame up on a house with a boom box blaring the whole album. I was jonesin' for some tunes that week, because I was on vacation with my buddy's family (and it was a pretty structured situation), and I just sat on the side of the construction site and listened. I'll never forget that. I thought I didn't even like Supertramp, but I did.


Won't Get Fooled Again
The Who
5:10 PM

Young Americans
David Bowie
5:05 PM

I Want You to Want Me (Live)
Cheap Trick
4:53 PM

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
Journey
4:48 PM

Miss You
The Rolling Stones
4:43 PM

The Boys of Summer
Don Henley

Take The Long Way Home
Supertramp
4:24 PM

American Girl
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
4:20 PM

Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen
Santana
4:15 PM

Beautiful Day
U2
4:08 PM

Black Water
The Doobie Brothers

0 comments: