Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Keira Knightley for British Harper's Bazaar

She's a classy woman.

At Harpers, "KEIRA KNIGHTLEY IS OUR FEBRUARY COVER STAR":T
The dearth of women in film is partly what makes her consider directing, she says – because things will only change when more women are in positions of genuine power. "Hollywood has a really long way to go. I don’t think that anybody can deny that, really, and I think as much as you are getting more women playing lead roles… they’re still pretty few and far between." After 20 years of experience (she started acting at the age of 7), Knightly wonders whether she might move behind the camera, and gain more control. "As I get older I get more interested by it… There is a lot of 'You do what you’re told' [as an actor]. After watching it and being part of it for so long, you start going, 'I wonder if there is a journey to the other side.' I don’t know if there is, but I’m interested in seeing people who have done it."
Hmm, more Hollywood hypocrisy, it turns out.

Keira Knightley photo 650x844xkeira-bazaar-cover1jpgpagespeedicpx6XzhidD6_zpsd52e94fe.jpg

0 comments: