Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Facebook Changed Your Email Contact Information at Your Profile Page Without You Knowing About It

My facebook URL is www.facebook.com/American.Power.

I don't like Facebook all that much, and I set my privacy settings to what experts recommended was a moderate protection level a couple of years ago. I think I've mentioned it, but most of the stuff I get in my message box is all kinds of spam from people I don't really know. They're just Facebook "friends" who I want to be able to see my blog posts. So now I'm reading these reports on how Facebook created email addresses for its users without notification. See, Whitson Gordon at Lifehacker, "Facebook Changed Everyone's Email to @Facebook.com; Here's How to Fix Yours," and Kash Hill at Forbes, "Facebook's Lame Attempt to Force Its Email Service On You," (via Memeorandum).

I just changed my email back to my americanpowerblog email. It took not even five seconds --- and it was so empowering!

Take that Mark Zuckerberg!

0 comments: