Thursday, November 24, 2011

Early Thanksgiving Dinner

This wasn't as bountiful a spread as we usually lay out. My wife had to be at work at 2:00pm. She's an assistant store manager at a major national arts and crafts retailer. I'd mention the name, but it's not worth having my wife's life threatened by the likes of Walter James Casper III and his demonic progressive totalitarians.

She cooked turkey breast with mashed potatoes and gravy, green-bean casserole, stuffing and hot rolls. And there's cranberry on the side, of course. It was lovely.

And don't miss the Thanksgiving blogging at Maggie's Farm, "Why is American Thanksgiving about food?", and "Very Fitting For Thanksgiving."

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Dana said...

We did have the huge spread, but when I picked up the camera to take pics for my site, the batteries were dead.

I'm sorry that Mrs D had to work, and especially sorry that she had to work for a retailer. My wife has to work some holidays, but she's a registered nurse, and hospitals can't close; "national arts and crafts retailers" don't have to be open on Thanksgiving.

AmPowerBlog said...

Well, it was a good dinner and frankly, my wife is happy to have her job. Thanks for commenting, Dana!

Pat Austin Becker said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Donald!

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Pat!