Sunday, May 20, 2012

Van Halen: 'She's the Woman'

My wife and I have that Van Halen concert coming up in a couple of weeks. The wife is especially excited since Kool and the Gang are opening. I'm just looking forward to hearing the classics. So far, the new album sounds just so so --- and the reviews I read a couple of months ago were a bit critical. Still, seeing these guys jamming after all these years is something else. And it hasn't been easy on them. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the band has cancelled 30 shows to avoid "burn out." See: "Van Halen to Reschedule About 30 Concert Dates." However, Rolling Stone is reporting infighting.


And the set from the Montreal concert, via Digital Van Halen:
1.Unchained

2. Runnin' With the Devil

3. She's The Woman

4. Romeo Delight

5.Tattoo

6. Everybody Wants Some!!

7. Somebody Get Me A Doctor

8. China Town

9. Hear About It Later

10. Oh, Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison)

11. Drum Solo

12. You Really Got Me (The Kinks)

13. The Trouble with Never

14. Dance The Night Away

15. I'll Wait

16. Hot For Teacher

17. Women In Love

18. Outta Love Again

19. Beautiful Girls

20. Ice Cream Man

(John Brim cover)

21. Panama

22. Guitar Solo

23. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

24. Jump
I'll update when I know more.

0 comments: