Monday, October 22, 2007

But If You Want Money For People With Minds That Hate...

I often listen to The Beatles' "Revolution" during my weekday's drivetime. I love the hammering guitar introduction, but I'm always intrigued by the song's lyrics: Is "Revolution" John Lennon's anti-"Imagine" anthem?

Here's the YouTube:


:
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
How about this for a counter-bumper sticker slogan, from "Revolution" (lyrics here):
You say you got a real solution
Well you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well you know
We're all doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright Alright Alright
John Lennon's dead...long live John Lennon!

0 comments: